What Can We Do?
The Role of the Laity
in a Time of Crisis
A Presentation by the Office for the New Evangelization
As the Church undergoes this period of profound crisis, many of us feel helpless as we watch a drama unfold that we can do nothing about. But the truth is that we are not powerless. The history of the Church tells us that lay people have a role to play in the Church’s times of turmoil. In the video below, you will find a reflection on the mission of the laity in times of ecclesial crisis and learn what you can do to cooperate with Christ’s action to purify and heal His Church. For the schedule of live presentations of this talk, click here. Click the video below to watch.
- PDF: Slides used in the presentation
- Handout: Quotations used in the presentation
- Presentation flyer
- Meghan’s bio
- Robert Cardinal Sarah, The Day is Now Far Spent
- Robert Cardinal Sarah speech, “We must rebuild the Cathedral…“
- Bishop Robert Barron, Letter to a Suffering Church
- ITC, On the Sensus Fidei in the Life of the Church
Short, 10-minute podcasts on this presentation: