In the video above, we explain the dire statistics around the practice of sacramental confession in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and some proposals about how to turn things around. Check out the video and then please fill out the survey below! Interested in bringing the Disciple Maker Index survey to your parish? Contact Karen Brown at email@example.com.
When is the Best Time to Offer Confession?
Catholics of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia were invited to fill out a short survey to help us learn when would be the best time to offer Confession so that more people can go more regularly. Over 600 people have responded so far. Check out the video above to see why we are asking this question.
Survey Results Now Available!
Resources for Reviving Confession
- Homily about the Worship of God and the Need for Confession, Fr. Sean Loomis, Annunciation BVM, Havertown – Listen to the homily
- Forgiven faith formation series (English / Español)
- How to go to Confession (English / Español)
- USCCB resources for the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office for Divine Worship resources
- Article: St. Augustine’s Belated Baptism (Confession as a healing remedy)
- Why Confession? (Chris Stefanick)
- ¿Porqué confesarse? (Padre Jorge Loring, Spanish)
- ¿Porqué me tengo que confesar con un cura… si puede ser hasta más pecador que yo? (Lazos de Amor Mariano, Spanish)
- Why Confession? (Bishop Barron)