In the video above, we explain the dire statistics around the practice of sacramental confession in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and some proposals about how to turn things around. Check out the video and then please fill out the survey below! Interested in bringing the Disciple Maker Index survey to your parish? Contact Karen Brown at email@example.com.
Three Practical Responses to This Problem
1. Lent 2020: Run the Forgiven Series!
- How to get Forgiven for free for your parish during Lent
- Webinar: Introduction to Formed and How to Revive Confession Using Forgiven This Lent
- Watch the Forgiven trailer
- Find promotional resources for your Forgiven study: leaders.formed.org
2. Consider a Change in Confession Times
Catholics of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia were invited to fill out a short survey to help us learn when would be the best time to offer Confession so that more people can go more regularly. Over 600 people have responded so far. Check out the video above to see why we are asking this question.
3. Preach and Teach More about Confession
- Homily about the Worship of God and the Need for Confession, Fr. Sean Loomis, Annunciation BVM, Havertown – Listen to the homily
- Forgiven faith formation series (English / Español)
- How to go to Confession (English / Español)
- USCCB resources for the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office for Divine Worship resources
- Article: St. Augustine’s Belated Baptism (Confession as a healing remedy)
- Why Confession? (Chris Stefanick)
- ¿Porqué confesarse? (Padre Jorge Loring, Spanish)
- ¿Porqué me tengo que confesar con un cura… si puede ser hasta más pecador que yo? (Lazos de Amor Mariano, Spanish)
- Why Confession? (Bishop Barron)